It’s been a rough week or so emotionally, but summer is well and truly here and that is something to be happy about. And in the spirit of being happy, and sharing the joy, here are some things I’m happy about at the moment:
- I tried a chocolate frappe from Monbana and it was too chocolatey for me! I drank it, but I won’t be buying another. This is a good thing because I used to be a total chocoholic and shows my tastes are changing.
- I got some new, summer sandals. This is more of a miracle than just a happy event! It is rare for me to find shoes or sandals in my size here in France. They tend to stop at a 41, I’m a 42 at least. However, on an off chance trip to Gémo we found two pairs, in my size, that fitted, and were comfy, and not painfully ugly! I am in shock and my feet are thrilled!
- My French is coming on; I’ve helped my Mum buy a dishwasher and translated for her at her stress test and some other appointments she’s had. My spoken French is coming on slowly, but my typed French, specifically in texts, is coming on much quicker. I think auto-correct helps 😉
- My therapist is really good; she’s on my wavelength and is giving me practical things to do between sessions too. My first real challenge is to wander around a local village or town for a set amount of time. She’s not putting pressure on, she said I can start at 10 minutes if I want, because next time it will be 15, and slowly I will build on that. She’s also given me some techniques to try to manage my anxiety around going out alone.
- Dog agility training is going super well, TiLi is excelling and I am super proud of her.
- Pokemon Go is awesome! I don’t think I really need to say anything more about that! All my childhood gaming dreams have come true!