It’s June 1st, for those of you who haven’t noticed! So I thought I’d rattle out a blog post of what I want to do during the month. What with all the shit (sorry folks) going on I need a plan, I like to have a plan, and this is it:
- Get a new look – or any look to be perfectly honest. I don’t think jeans and a t-shirt counts as a look! Aside from that my last pair of jeans is now worn out, so I need to shop anyway. So there will be much shopping, I like shopping! I’m thinking something 50s-esque with a modern twist. Opinions and ideas greatly appreciated because, as we established before, I am no Gok Wan, in fact I am closer to Gok Wan’s worst nightmare!
- Get a job – scary one, this! I have applied for a job at a different branch of Hope House, the charity shop I currently volunteer at, after one of the managers said I should definitely apply! She was really enthusiastic so I sent off my CV on Saturday, keep your fingers crossed for me folks! I’m going to have a look around for other stuff too, it’s all pretty scary for me given it involves new people and places, but I’m determined!
- Move house – not only is this necessary, but I want to. I’m ready to move I think, lots of really shit (sorry again) stuff has happened in this house, some good stuff too, but a lot of bad so I want to move somewhere that I can call home. Mostly I also really want to decorate somewhere too! I’d love to buy somewhere but I don’t see that happening soon sadly, so I will have to just rent and make-do for the time being. I just really want to settle, I’m sick of moving. 3 homes in 22 years is too much, I need to nest.
- Organise to go and see Louise – After just missing her when she passed through my local train station not long ago I am still a bit peeved! She’s fantastic and we get on like a house on fire so I’m on a mission to find a way to go and visit! You have been warned! 😛
- Sort out my OU course – I’ve got the brochures and still haven’t decided what I want to do. Need to get my ass into gear and apply. *Pulls finger out*
- Find a man – There is no point giving me the “you don’t need a man” speech! No, I don’t need a man, but I want one. I think by now we have established my life plan involves being married, to a man, and living happily ever after, being one of those happy clappy single folks just doesn’t do it for me. More power to ya, but I won’t be joining the club. I could probably have a great career doing something and support myself and do whatever single folks do these days, but the thought alone makes me cringe, I wasn’t built for female empowerment, I was built to cook my man’s dinner and raise his kiddies. (On a totally unrelated topic: should you know some eligible bachelors who want to marry a lovely blonde girl, please send them my way!)
I feel better now I have a plan. No doubt they wont all happen this month, but I’m working on it! Here’s to an epic June, whatever happens it’s going to beat May’s ass!
(Turns out I’m not the only one making plans, Tiddlyompompom has a linky up for you to add your posts about your plans to, so hop over there and join in!)